bellemainec (bellemainec) wrote in news24hrtv,
bellemainec
bellemainec
news24hrtv

A Thank You post whereby we say... thank you.

I am not a mod here, so I do not know what they have planned, and therefore hope I am not stepping on toes but I just wanted to say.....

A very warm and heartfelt thank you to some very special people for all they have done this weekend. It is people like this who make NEWS fandom a very special place that I am proud to be part of. Who would have thought last Monday that most of us would have been able to watch so much of 24 Hour TV so close to its airing, and in such high quality. The internet and the way fandom comes together to make the most of this technology is truly astounding. I spent most of yesterday glued to my computer explaining to non-NEWS fans that I was watching a telethon in Japan....and after asking why there was general amazement that I was able to do that.....

So, thanks to the unstinting dedication, resourcefulness and ability to push on apparently without sleeping I say thank you to everyone who recorded, uploaded, converted, shared, translated and participated in sharing this 24 Hour TV extravaganza. It seems to have begun on Friday night and somehow, these absolute stars managed to push through until Sunday night......with presumably little sleep or break, but with an unwavering determination to make sure as much NEWS goodness as possible was shared as quickly and widely as possible. You are our Imotos :)

To the amazing and generous youchandesu who generously provided and shared these files with us, especially those of us who were watching on keyhole who would not have been able to see this so clearly. We thank you for your generosity and commitment to getting every last second of this!

To inala who made amazing posts of fabulousness, who downloaded and uploaded across file servers, converted between formats, and updated posts as more files came on line, who tirelessly kept on sharing the NEWS goodness, to make sure we could all experience this as close to live as possible. I am in awe of your determination and staying power! And your ability to keep posts uncluttered, neat and with so much amazing goodness within them!

To people who were helping out in the foreground finding alternate files and info, and the background and flying under the radar, I also say thank you, for the information, the converting, uploading files across servers, pointing people in the right direction to files. NEWS fandom is an amazing place when people pull together and work together and I am proud to be part of it.

So to people like watchful21, foxhana, lovetego, s2anthy, je_for8ver, dozchan, patdh17, sufiori, and others who I have no doubt missed I say thank you. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share this information with us all.

Also to newshfan for subbing, and promising to bring us more NEWS goodness in the future, this is the event that will just keep on giving.

I am now running late for work, and am sure that I have forgotten people who are important and worthy and deserving of thanks; please PM me so that I can edit this and add.

I am so proud to be a part of NEWS fandom today; you are all amazing and absolutely stars! The only thing that could make me happier is knowing that when I get home today there will no doubt be more NEWS 24 hour tv goodness to look at and possibly cry over. Oh wait, there is a 100% likelihood of that. That will get me through the being late to work! You guys made it to the end, with style and commitment and such generosity.

Well done and thank you. Seriously. Thank you.
Tags: discussions
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic